How to deal with off topics links in your backlinks profile while filling a disavow links?
The question has recently been raised at Google Webmaster Help Forum by one of users who is having many backlinks from a off topics pages in link profile.
Let me explain what is off topics links. Off topic backlinks are the links from a websites or pages which are not related to theme of your website.
- Domain Expired and Ads Page is appearing.
- Site is offline and Page not found status.
- Page is redirected to some other website or page.
- The page content are changed and now showing your link
- It is showing some search page
In such circumstances your links is offline and the question arises
- Should you send a mail to site owner for removal? – NO USE
- Should you Leave it without doing any action? – Think
- Should you include the URL or domain in Disavow file? – Yes
Most of webmaster/SEO will advocate not to do anything with such links and no need of even disavow it. I have different opinion it is better to be safe and include in disavow file to prevent damages that might comes in future in the page is activated and link reappears.Read More
Matt Cutts, in his recent video explained how a website can recover in short time of period as compared to re-filing it again & again. Matt was answering a question asked in terms of interflora rankings recovery within 11 days short time, interflora was penalized for buying links.Read More
Disavow Links Tool was launched by Google last year to help webmasters to file disavow of bad/low quality links which they were unable to get removed manually. There are numerous case studies which shows that disavow links works positively, but still there was question in minds of webmasters, whether tool should be used only after receiving warning OR it can be used even without having any manual penalty.Read More